What an apt name for a community in the most magical place in the world! Initially developed by the Walt Disney Company in the mid-nineties, Celebration is a census-designated place (CDP) in Osceola County. Walt Disney dreamt of a model community reminiscent of old American small towns. Decades after his death, Walt Disney’s dream is now a reality and the town is full of homes, shops, boutiques and restaurants in a Disney-like setting.
It is worth your while to stay near Downtown Celebration on your next visit to Orlando. Here are the reasons why.
- It’s really close to Disney World. Celebration sits on property that used to be part of Disney World. If the Magic Kingdom or any of the Disney Parks are at the top of your itinerary, it will only take you minutes by car to get there. Celebration is surrounded by major highways making it easy to travel anywhere in Orlando. Universal Studios and SeaWorld are also minutes away.
- Downtown Celebration is worth seeing. What about a change of pace by taking a stroll in Celebration on its tree-lined streets? Most of the community designed for pedestrians is open to the public. See picket-fenced homes with manicured lawns that seem to be out of place in an area full of theme parks and attractions. Structures are painted in neutral colors that call to mind memories of the 1950s.
The town center is like a movie set. You’ll find a mix of residences, shops and restaurants. Famous architects designed many of the buildings like the movie theatre and the Post Office. If you happen to visit on a Sunday, head over to the farmer’s market, it’s a showcase of local fresh produce, snacks and crafts.
- More Places to Eat. There are countless cafes and restaurants in and around Celebration. If you’re looking for a familiar chain, you won’t be disappointed. There’s sure to be at least one in the area. But if you’re not in Florida often, try one of the local restaurants. They offer unique entrees you won’t find anywhere else.
- More Fun Places near Celebration. How about some amusement without having to deal with long lines and pricey admission fees? Six minutes away from Celebration is Fun Spot America in Kissimmee. It’s a family-owned theme park that offers classic rides for both kids and adults. Right across is Old Town, an entertainment complex full of unique shops, fun centers, dining and bars. It’s easy to find. There is an 85-foot Ferris wheel in the center.
- Cycling Friendly. If your daily routine includes time on a stationary bike, how about making it a fun activity? Or, if you haven’t taken a leisurely ride on a bike in a long time, Celebration is the perfect place to do so. There are many interconnected bike trails at Celebration and the surrounding areas. Try one of the e-bikes at one of the rentals if you aren’t fond of pedaling.
- Nature Parks. When was the last time you saw so much greenery? In Celebration alone, you can take a breather at Lakeside Park after a long trek in one of the walking trails. This patch of nature gently reminds people of what the Florida landscape was once. About eight miles away is Shingle Creek Park. Aside from hiking, you can go kayaking. Kids will have fun at the park too.
- More places to visit. You’ll not run out of options if you are tired of the theme parks. There are other places to see within the Celebration area. If you like magic, head over to Houdini’s Hidden Theater. Your kids will enjoy a night of fun and entertainment. If you love visiting museums and galleries, a lot of these are in the area. In Celebration alone, you can visit the Celebration History Center and the Museum of Military History. Not far is the Chocolate Museum and Café and the Bijutsu-kan Gallery.
- Tourist-Friendly. Celebration and its surrounding environs are safe and convenient for visitors. Locals won’t hesitate to help out visitors. There are enough groceries, gas stations, ATMs, drugstores and pharmacies in the area.
- Pet-Friendly. You don’t have to worry about visiting Celebration with your pet dog. You can take a stroll with your furry companion to most places in the community. And if you need to eat, you’ll be happy to know that a bunch of restaurants allow pets.
- Great Hotels. There are many hotels of all kinds around Celebration. You will find one that fits your needs and budget. It will help if you check reviews on your choices. The Vacation Village Parkway is one hotel that gets excellent reviews from guests. Whether you are in Orlando for vacation or business, you will find everything you need at that hotel.
Celebration is one of the best places to live in Osceola County. If you haven’t stayed near the area, it’s time you did. For your next trip to Orlando, choose Celebration!